2.21.2009

Derby Time

This was the final year the Fillmore boys
would be racing in the Pinewood derby.
(Jim is not sad at all)
We'd like to thank Jim for all the hard work
he has put into making the boys' dream ideas
come to fruition. (the boys worked hard too).
Everyone was very impressed with the
designs at the Friday night "Dad's race".
Some of the Cub Scout contenders on race day.

Blake's entry into the 2009 Pinewood Derby.
He wasn't in the top 3 but boy did
it look cool coming down the track.
Everyone knows the Fillmore boys
go for looks and not speed.
So long derby days, we had a great ride!

5 comments:

jandbfillmore said...

Ahhh, pinewood derby. I actually only made one, but I am sure Dad was grateful it was his last. Although, if i do remember, he actually has a sweet collection of his own derby cars. I wanted to see Jim's car for the dad race. Oh, and sweet team photo of Blake's Suns team. That will be sweet moving up to the big time league next year. Maybe we will be close enough to catch one some weekend - we are hoping so.

The Fillmore Family said...

Pinewood Derby--great tradition--go for looks because that lasts for years and years long after anyone remembers who took first place. Love, mamajoanne

aelizabethgarner said...

I love looking at Jims car. They remind me of Dads. If you look at our cars you would laugh. Mr engineer has it all figured out so our car looks identical every single year (except for a different paint color) and as ugly as they are (really really ugly), they seem to win every year. Or at least in the top 2. I miss the fancy ones.

Kim said...

Your boys always did have the coolest looking Derby Cars!

Kimberly said...

First of all, cool photography. And then, cool car! I am glad Cubs in done in our house too!